Monday 4 August 2014

A Different Type of Eye Liner

I jumped on the bandwagon and purchased Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner admittedly I'm a little late on it, but I am there none the less. And in all honesty, I had set my expectations pretty high for this product and I am someone who will always choose gel liner over liquid liner even if it does take a little longer to apply. With this is in mind, I was super excited to try this out and I was kind of disappointed.


The concept of this eye liner is great, a gel liner in pen form, fool proof right? Not for me. I couldn't get the hang of using this at all, and I don't know if it's because I avert from using liquid liner pens and so I'm used to the old brush and pot of gel liner which I find a lot easier! But it's not just the application of this of this liner, I found that the formula wasn't what I expected it to be. For someone that has oily lids, I went through all the processes of primer, shadow and the liner, but it still dried out and smudged/rubbed off in areas! 

I still went on to use this liner to see if different techniques or application would help the overall hold of this on the eyelid, but alas it didn't. I tried a thin line which admittedly seems to be the best way to go with this because there isn't as much there to rub away, but as soon as you want to use this for a more dramatic look with a thicker liner and winged out end, it just doesn't work; well at least not for me.

I will continue to use however, just for thin lines because the applicator does mean that the liner is as close to the lash liner as possible which is amazing for definition, but one think I do truly love about this liner is the colour, it is a true black. I have plenty of black eye liners and I must say that the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in carbon black is another that is truly black but for a pen applicator liner, I think Benefit have done well with this colour! 

Overall, I would probably recommend this to people who don't have such oily lids because the potential of this eye liner is great, but I just feel like I won't reach for it as often as I will my other eye liners. If you are looking for something that is truly black and are into the pen application style then I would say this definitely is for you!

Have any of you tried this eye liner? What do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I havent tried this eyeliner, but i love Benefit products and i do really want to get this!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete