Saturday 9 August 2014

The Brow Game


When it comes to eyebrows I never went down the route of filling them in, until about a year ago and to start with, I just used the good old MAC Omega eye shadow which I have to admit on lazy days, I still go for. It does the job! That was before trying out Benefit's Brow Zings which is again a do it all product - quick and easy - but I found that the colour was too dark even in the lightest shade, so I tend to use the powder side of this and leave the wax side!

More recently, I've been on the hunt for different products and have a few that I have been enjoying using, and for people like me who have to find brow colours for blonde hair, I've been searching for brow colours that match my hair! The first one I tried out, courtesy of Zoe and Gabby who both raved about it, is the Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil which I have in the shade Love is Blonde. At one end is a felt tip type nib which produces a tint and the other end is a waxy crayon which is the end I use because I find that the colour is a great match for lighter hair.

The next two products come from Anastasia Beverly Hills - who we all know, know brows pretty well and so I felt as though I didn't need any convincing when it came to buying these two things. The first one I bought was the BrowWiz in the shade Ash Blonde and this is handy because not only is the pencil amazing in terms of the colour and texture, the other end of this a spoolie and so it saves taking a spoolie and a brow pencil around. But the actual product itself is amazing and I love that the pencil is thin and so it makes it a lot easier to fill in the thinner areas without overfilling the brows. 

The second and final product that I have been using religiously since I got it is the DipBrow Pomade in the shade Blonde which I have to admit is darker than the pencil but nothing too different from my hair colour. But I feel I can't rave enough about this product, it's one of those products that you can put on at 8am and not worry about for the rest of the day because by the time its 8pm everything is still there; I honestly think this stuff is one of the best brow products I have ever used. I especially love that this is not anything like the texture of a pencil and so I find that this almost glides on exactly how you want it to and still looks natural!

There are a few more products such as the Gimme Brow that I want to try out, are there any products you think I should try? Have you tried any of the ones I've mentioned?

4 comments:

  1. I love the benefit browzingz! And i really want to try gimme brow too!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it but wish they did one where the waxy side is a little lighter :( I've wanted it since it was launched hahah! xo

      Delete
  2. I use Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe to fill in my brows. Quite dark for me, but this is the only one product with grey undertone I could find. I want to try DipBrow Pomade if its not too red for me.
    Anyway, I nominated you for a liebster award on my blog: http://makeupower.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html
    Check it out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Really enjoy reading your blog!
    Aaaaand I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    More info here:
    http://bethelouise.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete