Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Favourites

This year is already going way too quickly, I mean how is it already the end of March? Before we know it, we'll be putting the clocks back an hour again, and spending more money than necessary for Christmas! Anyway, we all know what the end of the month means... Favourites time, and I'm here to round up a few of my favourite things throughout this month!

I only have one skincare item for this month, and with the weather constantly changing, my skin really isn't liking me at the moment... But I went into Lush about a month ago and decided to pick up the Tea Tree Toner Water because everyone knows that tea tree is good for acne and I think this has improved my skin, but I'm just waiting for the weather to decide if it wants to be cold or warm! 

As my birthday was at the end of Febraury, one of my friends decided to buy me the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette which now means I have all three and I'm so grateful, and since having this palette, I think I've used it almost everyday! I was told that for my complexion, hair and eye colour that the Naked 1 would be better for me but I can honestly see my using the Naked 2 so much more! And the packaging isn't velvet, so I already knew it would be one I could take away with me without it getting dirty! My favourite shades from these palette so far are tease, Snakebite and Suspect!


Staying with the line of new products, there are three things that I have welcomed into my routine quite happily, the first being Smashbox's Photofinish Primer Water and I was skeptical about this to begin with as it does seem like a gimmicky product but I have to admit, that I would definitely repurchase, because not only does it create a great base for your foundation, it also keeps the skin hydrated, so this would be a great product for those who have drier skin! I also made my first purchase from Bare Minerals which was the Well Rested Under Eye Brightener and this is great for those of you who want that under eye area to be illuminated and highlighted, and I just use this to set the concealer under my eyes! However you could just use it without a concealer, as Bare Minerals are a mineral product brand and so the intention is that the powder is used a straight up concealer! The last new product that I have fallen in love with is the Illamasqua Lipstick in Resist and I did pick this up when they had their sale, but oh my I think I have been wearing this more than any other lipstick I own! It's a deep pink, that I think goes with pretty much any make up look, and I'm not someone who likes to wear pink lipstick too often so I think that speaks for itself! 


As well as some brand new favourites, there are also some old products making an appearance in my daily routine, one of these being the MAC Blush in the shade Fleur Power, which is described as a soft but bright pinkish coral, and I agree with this, and as someone who shies away from blushes due top naturally red skin, I do use this with a light hand! However I must admit that the colour is so lovely, it gives such a gorgeous flush of colour and it is a colour that can be built up on the cheeks! After running low on my Mineralise Skin Finish, instead of buying a new one, I decided to use up a different product first and this is the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder, which I have used before, and I find that it locks in my makeup for a decent amount of time, but as an oily skinned girl, I have to touch up no matter what foundations and powders I use! But this is a powder I would recommend if you are looking for something a little bit cheaper and it's available at most drugstores which is always bonus! 


The last favourite for this month, is a lifestyle favourite, and towards the end of the month, I ended up getting rid of my old car and getting a new one. I feel like this is one of the best investments I've made in a long time, and I'm completely in love with my new car and now couldn't imagine having my old one back! 

Any of you tried these products? Love them, hate them? What are your favourites for the month of March?

Abigail
xo

5 comments:

  1. One Heck of a Blot is amazing! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my second or third one I think! I love it!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Ooooo that lipstick looks a gorgeous shade! I've been loving my Naked 2 palette also!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's even available anymore which is annoying! I'm so glad I finally have that palette!
      xo

      Delete
  3. As much as I love the original Naked palette, I definitely prefer Naked 2 more! I've been wanting to try the lush tea tree toner for a while but wasn't sure if it would be worth it!

    I really like the look of your blog/posts so I've followed you on bloglovin/added you to my circles :)

    Tara Eavan

    ReplyDelete