Sunday 31 May 2015

May Favourites

Yes, another month has rolled around and so that can only mean one thing, it's time for the favourite things of this month! This month hasn't been super exciting or experimental with products and I do feel like I have some recurring products from old favourites! 

Some of you may have seen my recent Body Shop haul and so naturally, there are a couple of products that I have found myself continuously using! The first of these products being the Vitamin E Moisture Serum which I find has been a great help for my skin, as at the moment, it has been lacking hydration even though I do tend to lean on the oily side. But I would recommend this for anyone who has drier skin, as the hydration properties this has, have really helped the areas of dehydration on my skin! And the other product which I have seen being talked about is the Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask and I use this every night once I've cleansed my face and I have seen a visible difference in my skin since using it! I feel as though my skin looks refreshed and bouncier as cliché as that sounds! 


This month, I did treat myself to some new higher end products, and there a couple of them that I have been using on a daily basis almost! The Benefit Hoola Bronzer is something that I'd put off getting for quite a while, as I didn't know if it would be worth the hype for someone of my complexion (pretty darn pale) but I was wrong and I'm glad I gave into the hype! Not only do I love the actual product itself but the brush that comes with it, is also super handy for those who like to contour (me!) and I find although the colour does look super dark in the box, it is in fact not muddy looking at all, and will probably now be my go to contour powder! 

An indulgent purchase that I made quite a while ago was the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in the shade Mirage, courtesy of well known Tanya Burr! I always found myself saving this for a special occasions and just recently, I have found myself using it more regularly as its such a pretty colour and its an eyeshadow that can just be put on the lid and without any other shadows, still look like you've made an effort!

Two more beauty products that I have been using a lot throughout this month are the Nyx Blush in the shade Peach which actually isn't too peach like the name would suggest! However, I do love the colour of this blush and for the price of these blushes they are so nice to use! The pigmentation is incredible and I do find myself having to use a very light hand and I would buy more of these, I already have my eye on some of the other shades! The other product is the MAC Eyeshadow in the shade Shroom and I have been using this as my cheekbone highlight, and this works so well, because its a white highlight and for someone who is pale like me, I always like to work with white or pink based highlights!


The other product is something that I would still deem as something that's considerably new and was well raved about - therefore I gave into the hype! The Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer is something that I am glad that I spent the money on, it is a concealer that claims to be weightless while still being full coverage and I really think that it lives up to these claims! Not only is this great concealer, but I've finally found a liquid concealer that is a light enough shade for me to be able to highlight under my eyes, and I never thought I would see the day!

For those of you who follow me on twitter you will know that this month I decided to treat myself to a new laptop after not having one for almost a year! I'm now finding it so much easier to keep up with blogging and the social media attached to my blog, and I am so glad that I decided to do this! And with a new laptop comes the return on watching more Netflix, and another one of my favourites for this month is the show Pretty Little Liars which I have been obsessed with! I mean, I have been watching this show till 4am, or at any given opportunity, it's definitely becoming a problem!

What are your favourites for this month? Have any of you tried any of the same products?

Abigail
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment