Sunday 15 November 2015

All the Berries

You know it's Autumn when its acceptable to rock that dark lip or smokey eye without being in a club and as we go into the colder months, I find myself wearing far too many berry shades, not just beauty products but some fashion items as well and so I thought why not share with you all the berry items I have been loving!

Just recently I have found myself wanting to wear a lot more purple and berry tones on my eyes which is a little different from my usual neutrals that I find to be a safe place as far as eye makeup is concerned. But what is a change in season without a change in makeup? And so I've been reaching for my Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favourites palette and to be specific, the bottom two rows have been what I've been using more than anything. This palette was limited edition but the shadows can all be bought separately from Morphe, and a few shades I would recommend are 24, 74, 11, 48, 68 and 71 but I love these shadows because they are so pigmented and easy to blend out! But I feel like with palettes that contain such a wide variety of shadows, can you really go far wrong?

Another palette I have been using is the MAC Burgundy x9, which as the name suggests contains nine shadows all based around the burgundy colour. I love these palettes because they are so small but you do get nine shadows which makes them perfect for travelling or on the go because you can create so many different looks and it won't take up a lot of space. However I must admit I do find that these shadows aren't as pigmented and easy to blend as the regular size shadows but it's only a little bit of extra effort which I really don't mind! The shade range in this palette is also a positive and I found that a lot of the shades were ones I was thinking about purchasing anyway and so it was a cheaper alternative to buying the individual shadows.


Staying with the theme of eyeshadow, I have been using the Kiko Long Lasting Shadow Stick in shade 37 as a base for some of the berry toned looks I've been wearing.I love this shadow stick because it is a true burgundy colour but I find that it doesn't crease at all during the day and it's one of those products that you can just chuck on blend out and wear alone if you wanted to! And for a shadow that looks shimmery in the stick, I have to say that when it's on the lid, it isn't chunky glitter, it is shimmery more than anything and if layered up and made completely opaque, it looks almost like a foiled shadow! But I find that shadow sticks are always handy for throwing in your makeup bag as well, and since trying this one from Kiko I feel the need to own more!

The last eyeshadow I have been wearing a lot is from Makeup Geek and its the shade Bitten which is a matte deep purple with red undertones to it, and I like to use this mostly in my crease and outer v to really deepen up the eyes, but this is a shade that could be worn on the lid if you wanted a really dark purple look! I also find that when I'm doing a more smoked out look, this is a shadow that can be used on the bottom lash line but is also a shadow that is so easy to blend out without it looking too much! But I would highly recommend all Makeup Geek shadows because they are crazy good quality for the small price tag!

If you're not into the whole berry toned look for the eyelids, then I also have a lot of things that you could use for the lips to make yourself look autumnal! Personally I find that when working with darker or bold lipsticks, that I always want to use a lipliner, and so I have two different ones that I tend to use for most of the lipsticks that I'm going to mention. The first one is a MAC Lipliner in the shade Nightmoth, which is pretty intense and dark lipliner for the deeper berry shades, however I do find that this lipliner all over the lips with the Rimmel 107 lipstick on top looks really nice because you have the deep purple mixed with the more red toned purple on top!


Another lipliner I like to use which also isn't as pricey, is the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipliner in the shade Midnight Plum which is a lot more berry toned and lighter in colour, and I find that this lipliner looks good on it's own as well as under lipsticks! I like to pair this lipstick with the Gerard Cosmetics lipstick in the shade Berry Smoothie which as the name suggests is a berry toned lipstick that is very wearable, and this is one that I would recommend to anyone who wants to start wearing darker or bolder lipsticks because it's easy to wear and isn't too in your face if you're not too used to wearing purple toned lipsticks!

A new lipstick that I have recently added to my collection is the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in the shade Black Cherry, and this is a dark lipstick so I would only recommend this is if you are someone who is used to wearing dark purples otherwise this could be too much! I have seen this been compared to the Charlotte Tilbury Glastonberry lipstick and if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I would recommend picking this up! The only downside to this lipstick is that you do have to keep it topped up uring the day as it does have a tendency to wear off quicker than a higher end lipstick would but this is only to be expected by a drugstore lipstick!

The final lipstick that I have to talk about is the Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in the shade Berry Mulch, and I love these lipsticks, I think I now have four shades and they are lipsticks that are so easy to use because of the pencil shape that they are in. I find that I can use this lipsticks to line my lips as well as fill them in and even the darker shades wear pretty well for the price they are! Berry Mulch is a beautiful shade, and it is a true berry which isn't too dark and I also find that these lipsticks are so hydrating even after wearing them for a full day!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment