Wednesday 18 July 2018

A New Base

As summertime rolls around in the UK, it means that my face only gets oilier and trying to keep foundation in place becomes a pretty big task! But I have found a foundation that works so well for me and it is such a good price (I'm already on my second bottle).

I'm sure most of you have already heard of the Maybelline 24 hour Superstay foundation and if you haven't tried it yet, what are you waiting for? At only £9.99 a bottle, I'm quite happy to repurchase this and wear it all the time! I use this foundation for a day at work and it lasts in a very hot and greasy environment, but I will also use this for a night out or events because it just looks so lovely on the skin! Despite this being a very full coverage foundation I find that it looks so good on the skin and never cakey at all!


This foundation has a soft matte finish to it, but it is not in anyway drying on the skin which is great for all day wear, as it it not uncomfortable and I do feel as though it stays matte on the skin for me which is always a bonus! As someone with oily skin, I do always go for a matte foundation over anything else, but I also feel like this foundation would work so well on dry skin, just because it never clings to any dry patches I have even after a days wear!

Even though it is a matte foundation, I do set it with either the Laura Mercier powder or the RCMA No Colour powder as I would with any other foundation, and both of these seem to work really well with this one and keep it matte and on my face all day!


The only downfall with this foundation is that it could have has a bigger shade range as I feel like there isn't a huge variety and I struggled to find a shade light enough for me until they released the shade 103 which works perfectly me! And I do know that my hand looks rather tanned in the photo but my face really isn't as tanned as that!

I know this is only a short post but I thought I'd just let you all know about the new foundation that I just can't seem to put down! Let me know if you've tried it and what you think!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment