Sunday 29 November 2015

Getting into Pinks and Nudes

In previous posts, I've always said how I would usually steer clear of pink and nude lipsticks just because I never really felt like they suited me. But just recently I've been stepping out of this comfort zone and so I thought I would share them all with you! 


I'm someone who will use a lip liner almost every time I wear lipstick, and I think this is because it makes it last so much longer on the lips but it's helpful for when wearing darker colours because you have the outline instead of going straight in with the bullet! The two lip liners that I tend to use the most are East End Snob by Rimmel and Whirl by MAC. I find that I can wear both of these shades on their own as well as under lipsticks, East End Snob is a dusty pink and I find that this can be used under pretty much any pink lipstick and works well! For the price of this lip liner, it is well worth picking up, it's so easy to wear, and the formula is so creamy on the lips but still lasts so well! This has also been rumoured as a dupe for one of the Charlotte Tilbury lip liners, what's not convincing you to pick it up?! Then there is Whirl which is a a dirty rose colour and on me, it works so well as a "my lips but better" shade and so I do use this a lot! I find that it works well with both nude and pink lipsticks, and would say that is a must have lip liner for those of you who like to wear the muted pinks and dirty rose type colours!

There's a couple of MAC lipsticks that I can use as everyday shades and I find that these two are shades that are spoken about highly in the beauty community. The first one is Velvet Teddy which for ages was so difficult to find in any MAC store, and this is a deep beige toned lipstick that I find can dress any look up, I wear this both as an everyday lipstick and as an evening lipstick because it works so well with a lot of different makeup looks, and I would probably have to say that it is one of my favourite nude lipsticks to wear! The other shade from MAC is Brave which when I first starting wearing this was strange for me, because I'm someone who tends to wear matte finish lipsticks all the time, and this lipstick has a satin finish to it, but this is ridiculously easy to wear and feels so comfortable on the lips! This shade also holds some beige tone to it, but it is a lot more pink than Velvet Teddy, and I find that when I use this with the Whirl lip liner, it really is a 'mlbb' look, and it looks lovely for everyday makeup!


I think the lipstick that started off the pink and nude wearing for me personally is the lipstick Resist from Illamasqua and this is a brand that I haven't tried anything else from but when I saw this lipstick in their sale I couldn't resist - no pun intended - and so immediately picked it up! I would describe this is a wearable brighter pink and again is a rosey toned pink rather than fuchsia pink, and this is another matte lipstick and I do find that this can be a little bit drying on the lips if I wear it for a long period of time but that is probably due to the formula!

The next two lipsticks are both from Gerard Cosmetics and they are in the shades Buttercup and Rodeo Drivewhich are both extremely wearable shades, that are non drying on the lips and have a pretty good longevity on the lips! Rodeo Drive is a shade that is pretty similar to the Illamasqua one, except a little bit darker and has more of a purple undertone to it, and this is one that I think would look good on anyone. Whereas Buttercup is a lot more of a nude shade with pink undertones to it and when applied to the lips it looks quite sheer due to the creamy formulation, and so I tend to use this one with a lipliner to make the lipstick more opaque.


The final lipstick that I used all the time when I first bought it is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade Nude-ist and I love these because they have a little doe foot applicator which makes them so easy to apply with or without a lipliner, and the opacity of these is unreal! I find that I only need one layer and the jobs done, these are technically a liquid lpstick and this shade in particular dries to a semi matte finish which I love and because of the finish, I tend to find that it lasts all day on my lips which I'm not complaining about however they can be quite drying which is the only downside! This shade in particular is pretty much Rodeo Drive in a liquid lipstick with a more matte finish to it.

I hope this was helpful to anyone wanting to try out more nude or pink lipsticks and if you have any reccomendations for other lipsticks that are similar to these, please let me know in the comments!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment