Monday 20 July 2015

Makeup Haulin'

Some of you may have seen the little Superdug session I posted on Instagram and I also picked up a couple of things from Debenhams, Cult Beauty and MAC, so I thought is there anything better than to share with you all what I got? I did purchase these products all at different times but since then, I have had the chance to use quite a few of them, and so for some products I will give mini reviews for you all!

Starting with all the purchases I made from Superdrug as it's the largest part of the haul, I think it's safe to say I went a little crazy, and I think it's because I've mainly been buying higher products recently and I saw some new things in the drugstore that I decided I need to pick up! There were a couple of products that I knew I wanted to find in store and the first one of these is the Real Techniques Sculpting Kit which I already use every single time I do my makeup! Even if you don't want to buy this set, you need to buy the sculpting brush because it makes contouring so easy! I use this with either my Benefit Hoola bronzer or Sleek Contour palette and it just makes it quicker and easier than it's ever been! I honestly think this would be a good one for beginners in contouring!


I've yet to find someone who doesn't love the Mayeblline Colour Tattoos and I so what would a little haul be without a couple of new shades?! I already have a lot of the shades and so I decided to pick up Immortal Charcoal and Timeless Black, the black shade being more for a base when I'm using darker eyeshadows to make them pop that little bit more and the charcoal colour is so pretty and I think that it will be a good way for me to step out of my eyeshadow comfort zone! But honestly, I can't even fault these cream eyeshadows and if you're looking for alternatives to higher end cream shadows, I wouldn't look much further than these! And for a drugstore product the shade range isn't all that bad so these come highly recommended from a lot of different people!

One of my favourite purple lipsticks is the Collection Little Mix Perrie, and recently Collection have launched the colour Mulberry Burst into their ordinary lipstick line and when I heard this, I was so happy and decided that I needed to pick it up in this version (I don't even know why!) I have yet to try this lipstick out but I'm pretty sure it's the same formulation as the Little Mix ones and if it is, I know I will love it because they aren't too matte nor too glossy but they are very  creamy on the lips meaning that whenever I wear this, it doesn't dry out my lips which is always a bonus!
  
Something that I think goes unnoticed by most people is the MUA counter in Superdrug's, and in all honestly, I've only ever tried one of their products but after using it, I decided to pick one up in a different colour! And this product is the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer which I bought in the colour Tranquillity, which is a very neutral brown beige colour, and when swatched really reminds me of Velvet Teddy but just a little bit lighter! As well as this lip product, I also picked up another one of the Maybelline Colour Drama Lipsticks in the shade Red Essential and I probably do have enough red lipsticks but having one in a pencil form seemed so much easier, and everyone loves these so can you ever have too many?

I also picked up a few more things from Maybelline - they did have an offer on and so I took advantage! A product that I had been seeing pop up a lot, is the Lash Sensational Mascara and I picked mine up in the waterproof version, thank you oily eyelids! But so far, I have been loving this mascara and I use it pretty much everyday, the wand on this is small and so I find it's easier to use, and it actually holds my lashes in a curl and makes them look longer which I love! I was a fan of the Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black and Black Chrome, but recently I have been liking the idea of using a brown liner as it's a lot softer and so I picked it up in Brown and so far I really like it! It's a gel liner that's very easy to use and I find that I like to create a liner close to the lashes and then smudge it in, to make it look more rough and undone! The final thing that I got from Maybelline is a newer product, the Master Sculpt and I'm a good fan of contour and highlights so I knew this would be something to pick up! I picked up the lighter shade and the contour shade is really good for my skin tone but I've found that I'm not overly keen on the highlight but if you are just starting out with contouring, this could be a good one to get!



A couple of new things from MAC is never a bad thing, and something that I had wanted for such a long time now is the Fix + and for some reason I just never picked it up, but now that I have it, I'm really questioning why it took me so long! As I'm someone who gets super oily especially now the weather is getting a lot hotter, I find that powder is my best friend but I never want to look cakey, who does? And so, I find that giving my makeup a spray of this after powdering just stops it from looking cakey and keeps it fresher and so I have fallen in love! I'm usually someone who goes for a matte lip but I purchased the lipstick Brave a while ago for one of my friends and since seeing them wear it, I knew I needed it, which led to the purchase of that for myself!

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is something that is highly coveted by a lot of beauty bloggers that I follow, and so I'm someone who can't stay away from a hype even if I don't give in right away and so, this saw me purchase this foundation! I love it already, I've had it for a few weeks now and it really does stay on the skin for a long time, which is a bonus for me! I also found the shade range was pretty good and although I am the lightest shade, there would something for a everyone I think! If you want a new foundation and feel like splurging, I would highly recommend this, but I do find it works best when my face is hydrated and primed properly!


So, it's safe to say that we all went a little crazy with the launch of Makeup Forever in the UK, and with the ever talked about HD Foundation and Full Cover Concealer I knew that I needed to try them out and so that's what I purchased from Debenhams! I did have high expectations for the foundation and I have to admit I'm not overly in love with it, but I think it's because I prefer a full cover foundation and this gives medium but I feel like it doesn't build up well on my skin, but I will keep trying to use this as it does look nice when first put on! However, the concealer is my new holy grail product over most things, don't get me wrong I still love my Collection concealer but I find that I can really target conceal certain areas of my face because there is no applicator with this and I use a brush for it instead of using a concealer on unnecessary places due to using one with a doe foot applicator!


I have to admit that this purchase was one that I'd wanted to make since the launch of this product and I'm pretty sure that I placed it at like 2am one morning, but I really don't regret the decision! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit is all kinds of beautiful and I feel like my contour has never been as good as it is now! The Fawn shade I've found actually works pretty well for me even though I am super pale, and I know a lot of people also rave about the Banana shade but I find that for my skin tone, I just can't use it because the under eye area will just look yellow and so out of place instead of looking highlighting so I'm steering away from using that! But what I really love about this palette, is the highlight shade Sand, which I find is really beautiful on my skin and doesn't look like too much! I find that having oily skin can often be a problem when it comes to highlights, but this one doesn't look super sheeny or wet on the skin and actually stays in place for the duration of my makeup which is a bonus! 

Have any of you done some makeup shopping lately, or got some of the products that I've mentioned? Let me know what you think of them, and if you want any in depth reviews of products I've purchased!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment